Friday, October 23, 2015

Invisible No More

I've been kind of depressed lately; feeling like a victim. 2 months ago I had a hearing with the Oregon Department of Human Services to determine whether or not I'm eligible for Social Security Disability benefits. A few weeks back I got a letter that told me I'm not. The determination was made by someone who has NO IDEA about the pain and difficulty that my on-going health issues cause me.

I'm not about to roll over on this. If that was my choice, I believe I'd become additionally permanently depressed. So as of today, I'll become Invisible No More! Not about to let some bureaucrat decide what I need in my life, and more importantly, what I DESERVE and am eligible for!

I know there's a whole lot more  people who have gone through this humiliating process, many with similar results. I'm basically a proud man who rarely asks for any kind of help, so when I do, it must be pretty serious. Hopefully the Administrative Law Judge doesn't believe they get it right every time, but as I said, "hopefully". The one thing I AM sure of, is that I'm not going down without a BIG fight.

I tend to believe this is part of a conspiracy; keeping part of the population (poor?) from benefitting from anything the government has their hands in.  I'm not a huge corporation, who's constantly looking for ways to escape paying taxes, I'm simply a 59 year old American who has devoted half his life to helping others WHO HAVE DISABILITIES. Then when I need some assistance, they're gonna kick me in the teeth?

I probably have between 10-20 years left here on earth. I refuse to become homeless, so I need to do my part in bringing money into our household. It only stands to reason that I'll fight their stupid determination, using any and all resources at my disposal. This is step #1 in becoming Invisible No More!!

1 comment:

Mayann - Piece By Piece Design said...

You put up a good fight. I believe that they count on most people just giving up on the first denial and they count on that. Don't take no for an answer!!
Mayann