Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Report That Never Was

Yesterday morning as my wife and I prepared for our walk, we tuned into KPTV to find out what kind of weather we were facing. We were both in the bathroom brushing our teeth, but could hear the tv in the bedroom. We both heard something about a Foster mother who was advertising somewhere about her 21 year old Foster son who has Down's Syndrome being in search of a girlfriend to have sex with.

I turned quickly to the bedroom to find out more, but the chick with the chipmunk cheeks was done reporting. On our walk I decided I would do some research to find out what the story was about. I just couldn't figure out why this was news. Is the thought that developmentally disabled folks shouldn't have sex?

Later in the day I wrote a question about the story on the KPTV website. I asked where I could find the whole story, as it wasn't on their website. I never got an answer from them. Kinda like they never reported it in the first place. Hmmm....

No comments: