Friday, May 22, 2009

"He's Always So Angry"!

Ok; I admit it... I'm well beyond disappointed that they are going to close the Oregon School for the Blind, suspend the Oregon Commission for the Blind, and remove Vision Services from the Oregon Health Plan. I am PISSED OFF! What is to come for the people with visual impairments in Oregon??

In all the newspaper articles I've read over the past few weeks, they keep on mentioning "the advocates" who are behind this whole thing, without naming them. Why?
I'll tell you why. It's because the "advocates" don't want their actual names connected to this BLATANT discrimination. Once again they are demonstrating their absolute fear of anything and everything.

One person who I PUT on record of being in support of this foolishness is Bob Joondeph, Executive Director of Disability Rights Oregon. I'm quite certain Bob would have preffered his name not be associated with closing the school, but as I've written before, the school's been around for over 100 years, and it took a legislative bill for him to weigh in on how the school violates the IDEA and the Olmstead Decision. Why was he so silent about it until April, '09? Either he's ignorant or incompetant. He gets to choose.

No comments: