Monday, September 08, 2008

Methinks Thou Doest Protest Too Much

Back in early April I posted about a Vancouver couple who ripped off a developmentally disabled man for his property. They purchased it for under 1/2 of what it was worth and were being investigated for financial exploitation.

My input into the story was the truth that financial exploitation of such people is a very real problem. The rest was cutting and pasting the article from the Vancouver Columbian.

Last night I recieved a comment from the dude who purchased the property. He "told me off" about not wanting to know what the truth is, and publishing a lot of half-truths about him and I guess his female friend. He didn't DENY what they had done, but pointed out that they hadn't been prosecuted for a lack of EVIDENCE. So...? As I've often pointed out, prosecuters have not historically done a good job in jailing criminals for many reasons.

You can read his comment and my response from sometime between April 2nd and April 9th.

No comments: