Thursday, May 28, 2009

American Blackout

Occasionally, I'll write about a film I've seen that inspires or effects me in a big way. I saw just such a film last night. It's called American Blackout, and it's a documentary about Cynthia McKinney's fight to bring about accountability for the way the 2000 and 2004 elections went. They were in fact, stolen.

I've been a fan of hers for the last 8+ years as I've watched her and listened to what she has to say. She is a truly brave woman. She essentially put her life as well as career on the line in her search for the truth. I thought she would have made a great president in 2008, but knew she didn't have a chance. I should have voted for her anyway.

If you want to see how one person's actions can cause the system to shake at its foundation, you've got to see American Blackout. I'm sure you'll come away from it as I did; inspired and determined to continue to work on what really matters. Truth and justice.

No comments: