Friday, July 10, 2009

My 400th Post!

I was inspired this morning by a quote from Susan B. Anthony, who once said; “Cautious, careful people, always casting about to preserve their reputation and social standing, never can bring about a reform. Those who are really in earnest must be willing to be anything or nothing in the world’s estimation.”

This quote came from Oregon Senator Vicki Walker who has accepted a job working with the criminal justice system in Oregon. My guess is that she recognizes that she probably had as many, if not more enemies than friends in the Legislature. It’s the same belief I have of what’s wrong in our state, country, and world today. Too many ass kissers trying to do the best they can for themselves, while leaving those who struggle to fend for themselves. I like Vicki Walker (for now at least).

No comments: