Sunday, July 08, 2012

Run Oscar, Run!

Back in 2007 I wrote a heart felt piece on a guy named Oscar Pistorious on this blog, and his quest to be a runner in the Olympics in 2008. The story had to do with his physical disability, and whether or not he had an "unfair advantage" by running on prosthetic legs...
http://dawgoregon.blogspot.com/search?q=Oscar
Well guess what? Though they determined at the time that he did have an "unfair advantage", apparently the Olympic committee have changed their mind!

I don't want to make a big deal of what was the obvious flaw in their thinking back then, but at least they finally came to their senses. I, for one, am THRILLED that Oscar will finally get his chance in London this summer! My biggest hope (as I wrote at the end of my post back then) is that he kick some ass!!

No comments: