Sunday, August 12, 2012

How NBC Flubbed the Olympics

The way the televised version of this year's Olympics played out on TV, left me with a few strong feelings I want to share. In my country there is very little interest in what NBC showed us for the past 2 weeks. In order to see the sports WE'RE interested in, you would need to share personal info. on line (which I didn't) or pay per viewing (which I also didn't).

I, along with many other Americans were subjected to hours of watching wealthy snobs ride horses, the worst boxing in existence,  and extensive coverage of people doing "rhythmic" things in heavily applied makeup. To the best of my knowledge there were 3 basketball games, and 0 soccer matches shown on regular TV. Instead we watched somewhere around 60 water polo and volleyball games, if we watched at all.

I realize that NBC has the right to show what they want, as they paid to televise these Olympics, but if I never see a person made of leaves (Dow Chemical), or another commercial telling me how smoothe things are going in the Gulf Coast (BP) it won't be too soon. So let me just say; "Goodbye Olympics, we hardly knew ya!"

No comments: