Saturday, January 05, 2008

Something New! Really...

I just finished writing the first verse and chorus to a new song. I have an idea for the melody and style for the song, but there's no title and it needs at least 2 more verses. A bridge would be cool too. In other words I want some help with it. I figure where else to go for help than the good old internet where there has to be a number of tunesmiths and poets who could contribute to this song. I envision a contest. The person/people who help me complete the song will receive free lunch on me as well as co writer credit.

So come on over and flex your writer muscles with me...

Song

I don’t want no “A” for effort
I don’t want no hero’s crown
I don’t want no fancy titles
Followin’ me around.

I don’t want no big ol’ paycheck
I don’t want pats on the head
I don’t want no fame or glory
For the flowery words I’ve said.

CHORUS

I want YOU to get up off your ass.
I want YOU, even more than me, to make something happen fast
If you’re sick of doing nothing while the fire turns to ash
I want YOU to get up off your ass.

No comments: