Monday, April 06, 2009

Unless Kari's Lying...

Another interesting weekend in the blogosphere. After still having my posts show up on Leftyblogs (following my March 25th post about not wanting to be associated with them), I finally contacted Kari Chisolm personally on Saturday, telling him to cut me loose. As you'll see below, this post should not show up on Leftyblogs unless Kari's lying. I also heard from Hart Williams, author of the hate speech directed at people with developmental disabilities. I'll blog about that later.

dawgoregon@aol.com wrote:
> > first: David
> > last: McDonald
> > comments: I really don't want to fight (but will) with you.
> Remove me from Leftyblogs.
> > David


In a message dated 4/5/2009 12:07:17 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> kari writes:
>
>
> David --
>
> I'm not sure what you think we have to fight about. Just visited
> your site and found a whole lot of angry comments about LeftyBlogs. I
> wasn't able to figure out what originally made you upset - but this
> email, which was sent yesterday morning, is the first I've heard of
> any concerns. (Sorry, I've been offline for about 48 hours.)
>
> On the one hand, you say you want to be removed from LeftyBlogs. On
> the other, it looks like you want your posts up. (For the record, I
> don't personally review every post before it goes up. LeftyBlogs
> aggregates some 3000-4000 posts a day. I certainly don't have time
> for that much reading.)
>
> So, if you'd like to be removed from the LeftyBlogs.com feed, I will
> do that. Please note that LeftyBlogs runs the "Oregon BlogWire" which
> is how your posts get linked automatically on BlueOregon's sidebar (as
> well as several other blogs.)
>
> Let me know. Thanks.
>
> -kari.


> Kari Chisholm
> President
> Mandate Media
> Portland, Oregon
>
>
> DAWGOregon@aol.com wrote:
> please remove me


Subject: Re: Cease and Desist
Date: 4/6/2009 1:34:57 AM Pacific Daylight Time
From: karic
Reply To:
To: DAWGOregon@aol.com


OK, I've removed your feed. It should disappear during the next
update - over the next few hours.

-kari.

No comments: