Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A Visit To West, Texas

I've never been a big fan of the state of Texas. In fact, right here on this blog I took a shot at them back in August of last year. http://dawgoregon.blogspot.com/2012/08/why-i-hate-texas.html
But I've come here today not to bury Texas (or praise them either), but to say I can understand why they are so pissed off with the rest of the country.

If an entire town was blown up (like West, Texas) in my state, and the national media payed as little attention to that town compared to big 'ol Boston, I'd be pissed off too! Sure, they have loud mouthed Rick Perry as governor, and the president doesn't like him, but does that justify not even GOING THERE to grieve with the citizens?? It's been 8 days since the explosion, and he still hasn't gone there!

I read today that he plans to stop by either tonight or tomorrow for a memorial service, but was SCHEDULED to be in Texas to raise money for the Democratic Party http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/22/obama-west-texas_n_3132941.html and to be a part of the dubious dedication of George Bush's spankin' new Library anyway. http://act.rootsaction.org/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=7792

God! These people and their willingness to look the other way when called upon to do what they were elected to do! Anyway, I'm glad I'm not from Texas, for several reasons. And if the people who live in Texas want to distance themselves from the rest of America, I for one, don't blame them.

No comments: